Much like belts (black vs brown), watches present the purchaser with an age-old conundrum: silver or gold? This is an extremely important decision for the purchaser because silver and gold both shout out very different messages about the wearer.
What Gold says:
- You’re over 40. – And proud of it!
- You’ve “made” it. – Hey, you worked hard to get here!
- You appreciate sophistication. – Sometimes that classic look really speaks best.
- You admire quality. – Gold never tarnishes or rusts. What’s better than that?
- You’re used to being a “decision-maker”. – Gold is for the “go-getters”. You don’t mind being the center of attention.
What Silver says:
- You’re under 40. – Who was ever ashamed of their youth? Silver is the way to go.
- You’re on your way. – A beautiful silver watch is nothing to scoff at, in fact, it is a sign of things to come.
- You like being low-key. – Silver says, “Psst…Hey there ;).”
- You appreciate practicality. – Silver is definitely the way to go if you want to appear tasteful in most social settings.
- You favor versatility. – While gold is meant to stand out, silver goes with almost any wardrobe ensemble, making it easy to mix and match.