Born in July or August? — HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
If you are, or if your loved one is, celebrating a birthday in July or August, you have the privilege of calling ruby and peridot your birthstone, respectively. As July winds to a close and August moves closer, we at Gold Unlimited wanted to take some time to celebrate these precious stones. Here is a bit more about the history, origin, formation and current uses of ruby and peridot.
July Birthstone – Ruby
Rubies are said to represent everything from love to health and wisdom, passion, courage and emotion.
- Ruby is regarded as one of the most valuable gemstones. It increases in value based on color and quality.
- The stone is commonly refered to as the” King of all gems.”
- Its colors range from red hues with purplish and bluish red to orange-red tones.
- The most valuable version is a full red colored stone with slight blue hue.
- Rubies are thought to have healing powers – specifically to energize and balance the heard.
- Ruby represents passion and love, and is often an engagement ring for couples.
- Most rubies are under three carats.
August Birthstone – Peridot
One of the only birthstones that exist in a singular color – lime green – peridot is a beautifully unique stone with ancient records documenting its mining from as early as 1500 B.C.
- Peridot has been said to bring magical powers and healing properties to its owner. It also protects against nightmares when given as a gift.
- The stone is used as a 16th year anniversary gift.
- Peridot is the national gem of Egypt.
- The stone brings happiness and good cheer, attracts lovers and is said to aid in friendships.
- The deeper the green shade, the less iron in the stone.
- Peridot forms deep in the ground and comes to surface through from volcanic eruptions.
- Hawaiian beaches have millions of tiny peridot. These are either too small for use or locked away in a rock that is too hard to mine.
Now that you’ve learned a bit about July and August’s birthstones, be sure to visit Gold Unlimited to select a birthday piece that’s right for you or your loved one. Don’t see what you’re looking for? Don’t worry. We will work with you to custom design a signature piece that’s just right.
[button size=” style=” text=’Learn More’ icon=” icon_color=” link=’http://goldunlimitedsa.com/selection/’ target=’_self’ color=” hover_color=” border_color=” hover_border_color=” background_color=” hover_background_color=” font_style=” font_weight=” text_align=” margin=”]